Universal Buck-Boost Mini Regulator DC-DC – Constant Voltage or Constant Current Generator
Input: 8 to 60V / 50A; output: 0 to 60V / 0 to 50A / 2.8kW
Equipped with special screw terminals compatible with high input and output currents (up to 50A), this half-brick type Buck-Boost mini regulator can reach a power of 2.8kW with an efficiency of 96%.
Capable of operating at constant voltage or constant current, this regulator simplifies the engineer’s design work, because its input accepts any generator, provided it delivers a voltage between 8V and 60V, and even as low as to 6.5V (when already in operating mode).
In addition, the setting of the output voltage, from 0 to 60V (very simple), either manual with “RVset” resistor or automatic (with “0 to 10V” control) allows the supply of conventional or special loads at low voltage, or requiring a large variation of the applied voltage, from zero to Vmax up to 60V.
Moreover, the loads are safely powered, at variable or constant current, since the supply can be limited from 0 to 50A, thanks to a simple and linear adjustment, either manual with a resistor “RIset” or automatic with a control by “0 to 10V”.
For special applications, on request, the standard control voltage “0 to 10V” can be isolated, reduced, increased or shifted. Example: 4V to 8V (isolated or not) → 2V to 48V.
INPUT VOLTAGE Vin: 8V to 60V
- 6.5V minimum, after start-up
- ideal amplitude for the almost integral conversion of the energy accumulated by possible supercapacitors charged at up to 60V
INPUT CURRENT iin
- ≤ 500mA at no-load, depending on Vin and Vout; (< 2mA / “OFF”)
- 50A max, in charge, regardless of Vin
OUPUT VOLTAGE Vout: 0 to 60V
Linear setting by “0 to 119kΩ” RVset or by “0 to 10V” voltage control.
OUTPUT CURRENT Iout: variable at constant Vout, or constant, automatically, at variable Vout ; settable current limit: from 0 to 50A.
Manual limitation by RIset or by “0 or automatic linear limitation by “0 to 10V” control.
ISOLATION: no; terminals “- Vin” and “- Vout” internally connected
- input: Vin voltage x current 50A maximum (3kW max)
- output: input power x efficiency (2.88kW maximum)
- parallel mounting, up to 6 regulators (subject to certain reservations): connect “i share” terminals
LINE and LOAD REGULATIONS: 10-2 of Vout and < – 48mV / A
RESIDUAL: ≤ 300mV ; switching frequency: ≈275kHz
RISE TIME at full load: 40ms + 4ms / volt
ON / OFF FUNCTION: ≤ 0.8V for “ON” and ≥ 3.5V for “OFF”; delay < 40ms
PROTECTIONS and AUTOMATIC FUNCTIONS
- UVP: below voltage < 6V on the input
- OVP: overvoltage 65V, on Vin or Vout (please reset)
- OCP: overcurrent 55A, on the input or output
- OTP: abnormal environment: > 85°C
- CCG: change from constant Vout to constant Iout, and vice versa
- storage and operation: – 50°C to 125°C and – 40°C to +85°C
- thermal resistance of the case: 7°C / W (half-brick type base)
- optional heatsink receptacle: 172 x 100 mm, 1°C / W
- IP67 sealing; upon request: overmolded wires 50cm
- input and output capacitors: integrated in the housing
- 86 x 67 x 30 mm (overall dimensions); weight: 330g
- screw terminal block: “Vin” and “Vout” (50mm2), choices and controls (1.8mm2)
- mounting: 2 holes ∅ 2mm front ; 2 M3 back ; c.t.c. distances: 48.2 x 50.8 mm
STANDARDS and SPECIFICATIONS
- EN / UL / CSA / 60950-1 / RoHS
- MTBF: > 106 hours, base at 45°C
Additional advantage : even when not powered, this regulator bears any positive voltage up to 60V at its output, while absorbing only 0 to 4mA. This feature allows, for example, the direct charging of a battery, without the regular and energy-consuming intermediate non-return diode.
Please download the PDF presentations below: